I’m at my university right now, on my 2.5 hour gap between classes. I’ve been here since 8 o’clock (till 5.30 pm), I definitely need to eat and I have only 8 PLN (about $2,5). So I go and buy:
- 2 apples (1 PLN each, which is a white day robbery actually)
- 2 quite big sweet buns (2,5 PLN each)
and this is what I live off for 10 hours. A student’s life XD
1. “Can we have class outside?” - always in biology class when it gets warm. And actually… Sometimes it works! Because our teacher is as lazy as we are.
2. “Can we watch a movie?” - in Polish class. And it also works sometimes, because nobody listens to him talk and nobody wants to answers his questions, so when he can, he prefers to play us a movie (he gets all of them from youtube, how does he find them?!), because then at least half of the class will watch it.
3. “I don’t get it.” - math.
4. “You never taught us this!” - math and chemistry. Oh yes, chemistry! Our previous teacher (now we have a new one, because the old one is in hospital) would demand things she never told us about, and it was impossible to persuade her that she really didn’t say anything about it.
5. “What’s the worst I can do on the final without failing?” - English. Not me of course, but there are some people who don’t need to pass English as a foreign language at a good level, so they ask this question a lot.
6. “Are we gonna get quizzed on this?” - chemistry and math. And physics. We end up being quizzed on something else anyway…
7. “Can this be a group quiz?” - chemistry and physics. We had a group quiz in chemistry class two times and got low grades anyway.
8. “When am I ever actually going to use this?” - math and physics. We love our physics teacher, she’s really sweet and knows how to teach, but… it’s great to be able to work out speed, spin and position of an electron, but when are we going to use it? Nobody from my class is going to study physics at university…
9. “Can we use a calculator?” - geography, chemistry, math, physics. But we always can.